Perform a 20-40 minute concert during annual Arts in the Heart of Augusta festival, September 18-20, 2015. Appropriate music for all ages required. Original music encouraged.
Sound, lighting, full backline provided. Details and performance request here: PERFORMANCE APP*
Outdoor venue. Promo (non-paid) gig. 30901
**Application MUST BE completed in order to be considered for performance. (please complete as thoroughly as possible. Include images, web links, promo photos and performance videos.)
The following text is copied directly from the festival site:
The Arts in the Heart of Augusta Festival is designed to introduce attendees to the diverse cultural tapestry that makes Augusta great. The Greater Augusta Arts Council strives to present a balanced selection of performances showcasing the best music, dance, theatre and spoken word found in the area. We trust the exposure that you and your group receive will be rewarding.The Arts in the Heart of Augusta Festival is a family event and the festival committee reserves the right to evaluate every performance to ensure family content.APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL ALL STAGES ARE FULL. AVAILABLE SLOTS WILL BE OFFERED FIRST COME FIRST SERVED. PLEASE APPLY EARLY FOR GUARANTEED PLACEMENT.
There are five stages of entertainment. They are:
- The Global Stage which highlights ethnic performances. It can accommodate large groups and dance performances.
- The Family Stage is for any performance that appeals to children and families. It is covered and has a floor that can accommodate dancers.
- The Community Stage is perfect for any type of musical or dramatic performance. There will be a tent cover for the stage and audience ensuring the show will go on despite inclement weather. There will be a backline provided with professional equipment- details below.
- The Troubadour Stage is used to present performances such as: poetry, storytelling, acoustic music, spoken word, improv and other low tech performances.
- The Jazz Stage will be used to present jazz performances by local and regional artists. There will be a backline provided with professional equipment- details below.The Community and Jazz stages will have a backline provided for musical acts with the following equipment:SWR900 with Goliath III 4×10 cabinet or AMPEG SVTCL with SVT 6×10 cabinetFENDER 65 TWIN REVERB Reissue Guitar AmplifierFENDER HOT ROD DEVILLE 2×12 Guitar AmplifierSWR California Blonde Acoustic AmplifierROLAND RD700 or YAMAHA MOTIF ES8 KeyboardDrums: Community Stage- YAMAHA STAGE CUSTOM 5 piece kit with Zildjian A Custom or K Custom CymbalsDrums: Jazz Stage- 4 piece, PEARL MASTERS CUSTOM MAPLE EXTRA with Zildjian A Custom or K Custom Cymbals. We can also provide congas; we have two different full sets of LP CUSTOM and LP ASPIRE with Tumba, Conga and Quinta. Please notify us of your need for these instruments in your equipment needs below.